"While I'm on the subject,I think I'd like to point out the advantages of Jorge's rifle and scope.

It is very light,well under 7 pounds scoped. In spite of the light weight,recoil will be very mild,less than a 270 for sure.

Despite the light weight and low recoil,this thing has a very flat point and shoot trajectory. Sight it in at 250 yards and forget it,just hold center of vitals from point blank to 350 yards. This trajectory allows you to take 99.9 % of the shots in the country where we hunt quickly. No need for rangefinders,christmas tree reticles that fade in low light,or dials that have to be turned.

Furthermore,the Partition is a perfect bullet for such endeavors because it will work on a little deer or a huge wild boar,and it will always expand violently for quick kills. It will almost always exit and leave a blood trail as well.

I can't think of another factory rifle that will offer exactly what this rig does. Maybe a Kimber in 25-06 comes close but the 100 grain 6mm bullet has better ballistics than the 100 grain in .257."

Rural Doc; what a well phrased, well thought out and eloquent comment.

All the best.

GRF