Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by rost495

Head shots fall DRT. They don't quit bodily functions for some time....

I'm not going to take the time OR the space now but I have several pix from the last few yrs.

Head, Neck, Hi shoulder (spine) shots. I have YET to see ONE move ANY part of their body.

I'm NOT saying it has not happened. I have seen too many Instant Dirt Naps......it doesn't take MUCH time.

Interesting to see that I"ve made probably as many if not more head shots than most hunters, and you can still see them breathing a bit, hair stands up, hair falls down, heart beats until it runs out of blood and so on.

On high shoulder spine shots, they can move even more.

One head shot my wife made the deer was doing back flips for a few seconds, no top of head left actually, just an ear and thats about it really.

I'm just going to bet that you don't observe after the shot immediately and with a higher power scope or binocs... I tend to run a few higher power scopes, you go bang, rack the bolt and stay on the deer for usually about a minute just in case.

Obviously we are getting some differing results, but its weird I'm seeing what I"m seeing, and you aren't seeing anything.

rost,

most likely the autonomic nervous system at work with what you're seeing. I don't doubt you a bit. The brain may be dead, but there are a lot of parts in the body that don't need signals from the bridge to keep operating.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=autonomic+nervous+system&t=ffsb&ia=web

Hence, the term "brain dead".

Differing results in killing things for sure.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?