I also killed one on the run.....but with a compound. My cousin pushed 9 deer though the bush I happened to be sitting in that night. The big 8-point and 4 doe came through high about 75 or 80 yards away, then 4 doe came pretty much right at me but split up with 2 going high and 2 low. The first one heading low crossed a shooting lane and passed a tree that I knew was at 30 yards. I drew, aimed at that tree and when the second one hit the left side of the shooting lane, I fired the arrow down the right side toward that tree.

I heard a "crack" and thought I shot in front of her and hit the tree. A couple minutes later, my cousin gets there and we go look for the arrow.....No arrow in the tree. We head toward where they went and find blood. A lot of blood on both sides of the trail. She only made it about 75 yards and was down.

As It turned out, I had released a split second late and dead-centered her liver with a 4-blade Wasp Cam-Loc. Found the rear 7 inches of that 32 inch arrow still inside her....never found the rest.

This was nearly 30 years ago. It is the one and only time I have ever shot at a running deer with the bow. As we were standing over the deer, I told Dave the circumstances of the shot....ending with "That was stupid". He agreed.

Don't let the name fool Ya!