Originally Posted by MarineHawk
How about something like this (if other hunters aren’t already there when we get there). The pictured lake is at about 11,600ft; the surrounding pinned hunt locations are 150 ft to 200 ft higher. There is that small stream on the lower left too.

Perfect. You'll be looking down, and slightly elevated above ground level (lake elev) for scent purposes when the wind changes periodically for a short period.

The top of the map is north. The wind is supposed to be coming from the WSW. There are miles of forest to the south and east. But there doesn’t appear to be any other water for miles. For scale Hunt B1b is 200 yds from Hunt B1a.

Perfect. You're on the only water around. (HUGE advantage) They have to drink, and your 300 yard shots to the water or surrounding area is a gravy shot. Remember, take your time, and don't rush.

There may or may not be any snow. If there is, if the forecast holds, it won’t be much. From a webcam not too far away, there looks to be about an inch of snow on the ground right now at 11,700 ft; the area is supposed to get a few inches more tomorrow; but then the high is going to be in the forties and sunny and lows around 30 for the next ten days. Too early to know what the winds will be like, but the forecast has the winds around 5 mph to 10 mph.
Forties and sunny will melt those few inches, but it'll still be in the surrounding cover where you can see their tracks where they travel, and come out to to feed/water.

Would the two of us sitting in two of those three pinned locations (or thereabouts) and watching the tree lines and the water be a good idea?

If you want to punch your tag, I would highly advise it.

How far away would you camp at minimum? We would camp east of the hunt site for wind purposes. I was looking at a good place to camp about 0.6 miles to the east. Is that too close? There are other areas to hunt if we end up deciding that that place is futile.

I'll comment on your other post on camping. Having other areas to hunt, and using your knowledge you've shown here is good.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)