Looking at the photos, the area looks very promising, but as Brad said, having never been there it is difficult to answer. The question is, how far away is this spot from the nearest traveled road? If over at least a mile, the further the better, then it appears to have real potential having key features post-rut bulls look for/ need - sanctuary with nearby water and food - and what cows need - cover with nearby food and water. If less than a mile I might consider going elsewhere especially if you're after a larger bull. That heavily treed north facing slope (if I understood your picture captions correctly) in the last pic looks very promising as sanctuary for the bulls. IMO I would split up, one set-up to glass the pond and one to glass in to that heavily treed slope and stream in that last pic. If you don't see anything moving at first light, consider linking back up with your buddy to scout both locations sometime mid-day. One can glass the area to look for any movement while the other sneaks down to look for any sign. Finish one area, then move to the other and repeat. Set back up at last light to glass for any movement at both spots or whichever spot you saw fresh sign if you scouted mid-day. Definitely have a plan B location if you don't see anything or other hunters invade the area. Good luck.

Last edited by Driftboater; 10/14/18.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART???