I got hooked on it at the beginning of last year. I was trying it with my 870, but quickly figured out that wasn't going to do. I want to do well, I hate it when I suck at something. I found a really nice used Citori for a good price and bought it. Now we shoot a couple of times a week. Try it, you'll like it.

I bought some extended chokes that I can switch if I need to. I generally use a Skeet and an IC. If it's a longer trap shot, I'll take out the Skeet and put in a Mod. If it's shorter closer in stuff like Rabbits, I might take out the IC and put in a CYL. I'll also switch the barrels back and forth depending on how I'm going to shoot that station. It's almost like golf, you're not going to make a long drive with a 9 iron, or a short chip shot with a driver. If you want just a good all around choke, most of the guys that shoot an automatic use an IC.

When I first started, I was shooting in the teens (out of 50). Within a month or so, I was shooting in the 20's. Now I'm hanging in the 30's and I shot over 40 a couple of times. Yesterday, just playing around and practicing, I think I only missed about 8 or 10 out of 50.

A 20ga is fine. Some guys shoot a 28ga. I shoot a 12ga, so I can't comment of what type of shell to use. A guy at our club puts in a huge order together for us twice a year from RIO. I shoot #8, 1 1/8 oz., 1250 fps. for about $5.25 per box. I'll go through about 4000 rounds this year. Walmart sells Remington 100 round 12ga, #8, 1 1/8 oz., 1200 fps Value packs for about $20.00.

I shoot at a couple of clubs, and the going rate is about $15.00 for 50 birds. So $36.00 for 100 birds ain't bad.

I shot 5 stand last week for the first time. That's like a high speed version of sporting clays and it's fun as schit. It's a little harder because you have to keep your head screwed on tight and pay attention to what you're doing.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan