That was "King" George Digweed. He is a fantastic shooter though a little rough around the edges personality-wise. A good shooter moves the gun a minimal amount, before he calls for the bird he knows where he wants to pick up sight of the bird, where wants to break the bird, and where he has to insert the gun in the bird's travels to make that happen. In other words, the shooter has removed all unnecessary movement so all that is left is what is needed to break the bird. Another way to look at things is: there more movement the more variables are introduced and the more likely on pe will miss. It looks like the shooter is shooting quickly too but reality is the shooter has no extra movements so it only looks fast.

Ive watched George consistently shoot crossing chondelles at 100 yards with a mix of 7.5 and 8 shot. He broke 3-4 targets for every one he missed, and he only fired once per clay. That was an eye opener as I wouldn't believe one could break targets that far out with such small shot, even those showing a lot of face. After seeing that I had a lot more confidence in whatever load I got stuck with as I realized a target that didn't break was more likely my fault than the shell.

It looked like the trap was throwing an out going bird and, if so, the breaks are happening further out than what he stepped off. It is also a more difficult break as less target is seen and the hardest parts are absorbing the hits. If it is a springing teal type presentation the target could be a little further or even a little closer than what was stepped off depending on the angle of the throw. It is also an easier target to break as more area is available to be hit and the full dome and especially the face is easier to break.

I suspect George gave himself a little edge initially by using the old time Gamebore FITASC/pigeon load of an ounce and a quarter of nickel plated shot going 1350-1400 fps. They were nicknamed "rhino rollers" and for several seasons 10 round samples boxes were given out at shoots that offered FITASC. Loads like these were used by teams like the French and Belgians and I suspect the reason they seemed to fade out in multi-day shoots. Those Gamebores were the hardest kicking loads I shot but they were the best long range prairie grouse or pheasant loads if limited to 7.5 that I found.