Originally Posted by sharps4590
Life's too short to hunt with an ugly rifle....and I ain't doin' it. Give me all the blued, case hardening, engraving and fancy metal work I can afford. DO NOT carve my stock but make it a nice piece of any kind of walnut with a fine, hand rubbed oil finish in the pattern of a pre-WWI German stock with side panels. Don't be slathering on any shiny plastic crap. Checkering should be hand cut, 24-28 LPI and have a nice pattern. Don't make it a Monte Carlo stock with white spacers either and if it absolutely must have a recoil pad a Silvers or leather wrapped is all that's acceptable. Frankly, a nice checkered steel butt plate is fine for me until one gets to really big bores. I'll hunt with a rifle like that in any weather, anywhere in the world. Well, I guess I have.

For me there's 3 actions to be considered; Mauser 98, Model 70 or the split bridge Mannlicher/Schoenauer. The latter is a personal favorite even with the so called difficulties of mounting a scope. Since I don't use a scope that isn't an issue for me. The M/S probably isn't acceptable to most.

Fellow please, this is a family orientated site and if you insist on posting erotic content we will have to ban you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.