Originally Posted by Orion6
I’m looking to get a “pretty” (aka old school Walnut and blued) hunting rifle ............ I wish I could have snagged a SC made Winchester, but the fact that it’s imported really doesn’t bother me too much, as long as the quality is there. I like everything from the Featherweights, Sporters, and Super Grades........ I’d like to keep it around $1000, give or take.

You still can snag a SC Win Model 70.

I have a Winchester model 70 Feathetweight in 30-06 I was getting ready to sell. It IS indeed a snaggable a FN / South Carolina made and assembled BACO vintage ( not assembled in Portugal) rifle. Original BACO trigger. Blued steel. Nice walnut stock with a little figure, cut checkering, and factory Decelerator recoil pad, 2-piece Leupold blued steel bases with windage-style rear base ( Redfield style, not dual dovetail). I bought it used, and have never fired it. Bore is bright and shiney. No modifications. Blue is great (95-97++ % or higher ?). Very smooth action. Nice rifle.

I went through a BACO stage buying stage, and now I’m sitting on 3 Winchester model 70 BACO vintage rifles ( 2 sporters, and this featherweight). I just like the sporter version better. The Featherweight is now on the selling block.

$640, including shipping/insurance to a lower 48 FFL. FFL must be able to receive from private party ( if not, then add $25 to originate from my FFL). Drop me a PM if interested. Can send pics.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."