Originally Posted by Dans40X

STRIKER TO SEAR HAND OFF can be re-worked to operate by means that you have been lucky to have not had an accidental discharge to date.
(stop practicing that maneuver before someone gets hurt/killed & wants to sue Remington for being stupid)

Not trying to argue but I’m a little confused by this part. What are you referring to?

- having a live round in the chamber with the firing pin lowered and then just raising the bolt handle up then back down to cock it ready to fire? If that’s the reason, it’s not something I do. I either have one in the chamber with safety on or nothing in the chamber. The only time I use the raise and lower to cock the firing pin is when testing or adjusting a trigger or if I’m dryfiring to get the feel of a trigger before I shoot a live round.

- or do you mean that my model 7’s ability to cock the trigger ready to fire, just by raising the bolt all the way up and back down again without having to pull the bolt any farther back than the extraction cam already moves it? Does this condition make it more likely to have an accidental discharge?
If thats the reason, that would also be confusing because every Remington 700 and 7 I’ve ever owned or handled has worked this way. Same goes for my other rifles which are tikkas, kimbers and savages.

When I noticed this 700sa action wouldn’t cock the firing pin by just cycling the bolt handle up and down, I suspected the trigger might not be adjusted properly. I backed out the 3 adjustment screws and adjusted all 3. I did the engagement first, then over travel, then started playing with trigger pull weights. I tried heavy trigger pull and it made no difference and I wound up setting it at 3lbs.

My question is, what is the fix for this issue if the trigger adjustment is not the problem? Or is it normal for some Remington’s to do this and others not? Thanks.

Last edited by mod7rem; 11/07/18.