Nicely designed rifle, maine. I have had a few original Win 1895s-405 WCF- and you do have to load em carefully in the 95 magazine. Killed my first really big bull elk with a
95 many years ago. Because of creeping around in the AK interior bush, I went to a 348 Ackley Improved on a Winchester M-71. Then a couple of pre-war Model 71s in 450 Fuller and the
other in 450 Alaskan. Even had a M-71 with a Lyman Alaskan scope-worked well. The 348 Ackley has the decided advantage of pushing a 250 Alaska Bullet Works bullet or 270 gr bullet
to 35 Whelen velocity.

All said and done, your idea of combining the scoped-95 rifle-and good 410 wildcat cartridge does the business. Like that.
It allows you to handle most game at any range, including anything that shows up at the moose or caribou gut pile later.
Old Ephraim will claim a moose pile with left haunch quick-and guard it after covering it over. Sneaky and very fast, Another reason for heavier caliber
The real advantage to the 450 Alaskan in the 1886/71 is very fast handling. I have tried them all,
and nothing is as fast as a pistol gripped 86 or 71, for repeat shots that you may have to take.

My place when I get there-is 11 miles S. of Wien Lake or 78 miles N. of Denali.
About 45 miles SW of Nenana.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....