Good evening crshelton, thanks for sharring and will do. You sure do have some good adventures with your leverguns!

Had an unfortunate adventure right before the hunt season up here:

When sighting in the back up peep sight all was well. Was hitting square on the bullseye at 100 yds. I then attached the scope to the scout rail. First shot, the rail, rings and scope sheared off the barrel as one solid unit. It hit me square in the forhead and continued flying rearward ah good distance. After I gathered my thoughts and scope I walked to the target. That shot hit square in the bullseye. What ah tease!

I drilled and tapped for the three supplied 6-48 screws. Not enough. Ive since received an assortment of heat treated 8-40 screws, the 8-40 fillister head reamer and 8-40 end tap. Tim to double-down with 6 8-40 screws.

I've learned an unfortunate lesson that the mighty 41 calibers might violently remind your cranium that 6-48 screws are a silly idea.

Just finished reading my first Jack O'Connor book. I chuckled when he gripped about "dinky little 6-48 screws" inherited from receiver sights".

Other random observations: In this 1968 book, he was sporting a model 94 winchester with a forward mounted 2x leupold in quick release rings.

In my June 1966 Gun & Ammo mag, Elmer Keith wrote up a superb Article on a model 600 350 rem mag carbine fitted with a Redfield 2x forward mounted optic/mount combo.

Before this scout name became trend, it was well received, before the concept had a name.