Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Finally ran that AA 2230 load over the chronograph: 2237 fps. No room left in case for more than one grain of powder. Slightly less dense than TAC, neither powder broke the 2300 fps barrier. Many years ago, I broke 2300 fps with Alliant reloader 10x at just 58 grains. It is my opinion that the extruded powders within this burn rate, are the better powders for carbine barrels. The reloader 10x loads had less muzzle blast and less recoil as well. These powders are similar in burn rate, but 10x pulls ahead every time. No magnum primer required either. Not surprising though, I've had the best luck with Alliant powders, especially in below zero temps. I think it's time to give reloader 7 a try.

Think about AA2015. It's burn rate is close to RL10x. I prefer it over 10x in .223. It seems to burn just a bit slower than 10x but faster than AA2230. The down side is I haven't seen any 2015 in over a year.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.