Mainer, you are on the right track. I guess I have a few extra rifles. Two early pre-64 M-70s , one in 338-06 and the other in 35 Whelen. Scoped in 3X Leupold and Leupold Alaskan.
Years ago, I had an original 95 in 35 WCF, with an extra barrel chambered in 35 Whelen-. It was a humdinger-ended up in Palmer I think-with a cheechako.
Zipper-I would think long and hard about re-barreling that 1886 33 WCF to 50 AK. Harold Johnson did that in the 1950s
at Cooper Landing. Find a cheap standard Browning 71 without the useless tang safety-then do the 50 AK conversion on it. If you get tired of that original 86 in 33 WCF, let me know.

That cartridge on the 9.3 makes a lot of sense, and will do more than the .405. Some good wildcats have come out of the north country, sittin around a Yukon stove
in the winter with paper and design in hand. I have had some Mausers, but still prefer the older Model 70s as they are smooth as greased glass and the 3-position safety can't be beat.
Had an older M-70 in 416, but unless guiding bear hunts-its almost too much gun.

Keep your nose in the wind and eyes along the skyline."

Cabin 78 miles North of Denali, SW of Wien Lake and Nenana. Minchumina is west. Toklat grizzly country.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....