Haverluk,
Not much new with it. Waiting for spring to go after bear by dog team before snow goes rotten. I haven't used 400 grainers. I'm not sure they'd be necessary for any North American game, probably more fitting to Africa. I like a smidgen more velocity.

I finally did pull that ugly, blocky peep sight with 14 individual parts. Repurposed the peep and affixed it directly to the rail. I had to file it shorter, to clear the scope. All that is left, is to cut checkering. My gunsmith buddy will loan me the tools.

Before America copied the mauser design, this was John Browning's last lever gun design, to bring the levergun into the modern era of high power/high pressure-smokless powder chamberings. As a scout carbine launching 41 caliber spitzers bullets @ 2400 fps, I've enjoyed pushing that envelope a little further into 2019. I see that Winchester has brought back the 95 into production. With the severe lack of asscerories for this rifle, I hope that will change soon. As I go after bear with this little powerhouse, I hope to relay my observations or even loan the thing to Winchester for consideration of a factory available/special edition. All too often, these product development guys and gun magazine idiots conjure up things that that abuse the word "Alaskan". Some of the offerings are laughable and this is frustrating for me and probably many others. Very rarely do they refer to an actual Alaskan it seems. All too often, these marginal men haven't a clue about Alaska, other than an occasional jaunt during the fairest time of the year: August-Setember to promote their silly concoctions.

My appologies If that rant offended anyone. I don't like writing negative or rude things. Anyhow, here is that change to the back-up iron sights:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]