Originally Posted by Cinch
I've chosen the wrong gunsmith several times...

Ditto. Maybe not several but you would think a gunsmith could follow instructions or call you if something is wrong.

Had a barrel delivered straight to a smith and when he put it in the lathe he could see it was bent slightly - not a lot, but wobbling several thousandths. Instead of calling me he went ahead and chambered it and installed it, then told me he could see it was bent. Like, WTF dude?! Ya think you could call me so I could return it to this otherwise reputable barrel maker who would surely have sent a replacement?

Told another guy I wanted three identical stocks built off of the same pattern which I supplied - same LOP, same pitch, same size pistol grip for diameter and curvature, same same same everything and make them slender. Got back three distinctly different stocks, none of which was like the other, and all way too fat. Fortunately a fellow I've mentioned before, RJ Renner, was able to do a beautiful job of fixing two of them. The third's LOP was too short to save.

Other than that, rifles with a too heavy barrel contour were the biggest mistake.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!