Originally Posted by C_Dixon
15 or so years ago one of my very good and particular clients had an issue with Hart. Kevin had virtually unlimited resources. He would order 5 or 6 rifles at a time and he'd have AT LEAST 10 barrels per gun fitted up in various flavors. Twist rates, throats lengths, neck OD's, etc. He had acquired quite the collection.

We had one that just refused to play nice. Swap the barrel and it'd settle down just fine. Put the old one back on and it would go to hell again. So, he mails it to Hart and asks them (asks, because Kevin is the kind of client a builder dreams for, always courteous, always a pro, and never once balks at a cost so long as he gets what he wants)

Well, Hart tells him to basically suck it. They were rude. [bleep] even.

Apparently, they don't pay attention to Purchase Orders. If they had, they'd of realized this guy had over 300 barrels from them. I am NOT making this up. Kevin is just "one of those guys" and he had the means to do whatever he wants.

And that is exactly what he did.

He took every one of those barrels and hauled them down to a machine shop somewhere in IL where he lives. He paid them the going rate and they cut those barrels into 1" segments on a band saw. He then crated the whole mess up and had it shipped to Hart barrels with a very plainly worded letter encouraging all of them to have intercourse with themselves.

Then he replaced a whole lot with a new company and we did it all over again.

No [bleep]. True story.

Hart barrels. They've never made a mistake. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

Caveat Emptor

Funny story, the only barrel on a custom I can't seem to get to shoot is a Hart.... hmmmm....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.