Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
A cut rifle barrel last longer? Did you glean that from the "Internet" or can you refer me to a scientific paper on it?

You replied to the OP, but since neither Kenneth or anyone else besides me mention barrel lifeI assume your pissy reply is aimed at me Butch.

I didn’t say I have extensive experience that cut rifles last longer, or scientific evidence they perform better than button rifled blanks. Those claims are what one could gather from reading rifle forums, it’s what “they say”. But that bit of internet “knowledge”, right or wrong wouldn’t influence me too much if I was selecting a blank for a build, I’d most likely go with what my riflesmith of choice recommended.

I only brought it up to suggest it seems there are lots of sources for light contour quality blanks other than said Wisconsin barrel maker that won’t do light SS contours...

Sorry to derail thread Kenneth, good luck finding what you want

I guess I got your goat. Not my intent, just wanting to know why you would say that.
Anyway, Douglas was the only maker that would make a 28" pencil blank for my Ti 280AI.