Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

No,,,but implying those that do choose to buy Alpha products, are somewhat foolish or uneducated consumers because of today's "new kids on the block" is lol.

There are many levels of optics budgets available, along with a multitude of choices based on needs in the field. Each person chooses what fit's his budget and provides the tool to accomplish the task. Arguing brands or even models is futile, especially if price isn't part of the equation.

People with a Ford Focus always feel the need to explain why they own a POS, yet I've never met a guy with a BMW explaining why he's stuck with that car.

That wasn't the implication, the explicit statement was about those who think one must buy an "alpha" from the big three to get a really good binocular.

I appreciate you explaining "the implication" of the statement lol, mind reading 101.

I collect optics, both bino's and spotters,,,and feel no need to defend my purchases nor explain my purchasing choices. I probably have 35k in optics, not counting rifle scopes,,,and if anyone wants to really learn about optics they'll spend time at the bird watching forums.

If you understand and agree with that sentiment, there's no need to drive your post count up.