Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by kellory
I am thinking of a combined bionics/range finder. Something cheap, but good for @300yards.
Any Suggestions?

Edit: there are several pages of offerings on ebay for used bionics. Some good names in optics. A lot for less than $100.00.

My only experience with a bino/rangefinder combo is with the Bushnell Fusion ARC, in 10x42 persuasion. 'Twas a used item purchased here on 24HCF, that was much better than I was anticipating. The glass was clearer/sharper than the price point would have suggested, and the rangefinder worked flawlessly to the full range claimed, as verified by both Swaro and Leica stand alone range finders. This was in 2014 - I'm not sure of the actual date of production.

I don't know if you could find a unit from another mfgr priced lower, but I'd be suspicious of it if you did. Perhaps buy from a trusted source, like Doug, who'd make good on it if it crapped-out.

In the meantime, I believe Doug has some package deals with stand-alone binos/rangefinders, that might be intriguing. I wanna say he had paired-up some Athlon units for south of $300, though would probably have better glass than what you've been using. My own experience with 2 Athlon products has been quite positive.

Good luck,

FC

Thank you for the input. I'm shooting .450bushmaster, which is designed as a 300yard accurate ammo. (Short range rifle) so what you describe sounds ideal. 10x42mm with range finder. I'll see if I can locate a used pair.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~