Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Bwana1, you seem to have missed the fact that i own a few alpha binos....slc HD's, Geovids, 10x50 SV's, along with several high performing mid level glass. I'm not implying anything other than the indisputable fact that today's $500-$1000 glass is all anyone, anywhere would ever NEED to hunt and glass successfully in the field and the performance gap is negligible. It will not make a hill of beans difference as far as success goes. I never said otherwise, ever. Believe it or not, when I have my SV's on a tripod, alongside a BX4 Pro Guide HD I can see the same thing through both of them, easily. The SV does it better, but you won't miss anything.

I believe spotting scopes, however, are another matter, and that you do have to pay for performance.

I agree with most of that, based on how many hours the glass is actually used. An awful lot of quality is also based on one's individual eye sight, if someone's eye sight is subpar them distinguishing detail is off setting optic quality.

Agreed. What's your handle on Birdforum? Also, if you will read the OP, what bino do you suggest for him given his $700-900 budget?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.