It's a cold, dreary, dull day here in mule deer country. The rut is kickiing off, and I proceeded to a good opportunity at a really nice, old mature buck this morning because i couldn't get a range and didn't want to SWAG it.

I've tried numerous LRF's in this type of weather, and none of them have been worth a crap as far as I'm concerned. These stand alone's include the Leupy 1200, (best so far) Swaro , Older Leica 1200 (worst I've had BTW), and a Vortex. Farthest I could read on any target (I realize in these conditions the "non-relfectivity issues) has been a shade over 300 yards. That's OK most of the time, but I like gear that Works! Not bashing my Geovid's, but when the temps got below 30* it had no better RF capabilities than any of these other ones. An acquaintance wanted them worse than I did so I sold them.

I'd really consider the Nikon Laserforce if it would halfassed do what it's supposed to do in these dull, dreary conditions. Will it work? Got the redass over this situation.......

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by JGRaider; 12/06/18.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.