Originally Posted by Fireball2
We bought a 2009 Toyota 4 door truck and I hated all the crap on it. Dog sits in the passenger seat and the seat belt alarm goes off. Try to four wheel and it cuts power to the tires when they start spinning. Anti-lock brakes won't let you drift around corners (not kidding). Bells, buzzers, and beepers for just about everything, all unnecessary. While the world is going headlong into more and more automation, dinosaurs like us want more and more control for ourselves. It's our independence vs. the generation that loves having all their thinking done for them.

For hunting trucks I settled on a 92 Toyota 4x4. Wing windows, air conditioning/heater, power steering and brakes, fuel injection, clutch start cancel switch with a manual transmission. Added air lockers, lift and tires. Everything beyond these features for me is fluff or worse.

my '91 Toyota drifts great. The problem is I don't want it to. I've been sideways in that son of a gun twice now on wet roads. I drive like its a tractor when it rains around here now.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings