Just saw your post. My daughter climbed Kilimanjaro 2 years ago. A week on Kili and a week on the Serengeti. She loved it. Not hunting but she found just about every animal there and took over 1000 photo's. Which route up the mountain are you taking. I will look up and send you the protocol on put her on before the trip. Of the 5 climbers she was the only one to make it to the top with no high altitude med's and she was also the only one that never got headaches or sick. All made it to the top but most needed help with the porters carrying more. My daughter carried her backpack all the way up and all the way down. She said it was incredible and well worth it.

She did the Machame route and spent 4 days above 11,000 feet. Her guide just recently completed his 205th ascent and round trip.

I asked about which route up as the preparation is different and the amount of time to acclimate is different. I am in my mid 60's and she said she would go there again with me if I wanted. I get my choice of Kilimanjaro, part of the PCT, end of the world trail in Patagonia (in both Argentina and Chile) or the Kungsleden trail in northern Sweden. Have to choose one by February this year.