One of my Dr. did a trip last year to the top. We trade story's every year on where we both went, i take a photo book for him to glance through and he shows me some of his photos.

first thing he said was to take the quickest to the top as many offer different packages. Make sure you have a porter to pack most if not all of your equipment up the mountain. Take very warm clothing, using different base layers. Layers being the priority. Go over everything with your agent to make sure you have your bases covered. His camera battery went dead and he only had a few photos from his i phone showing him being at the top. I think he said only about 40% to 50% of the group made it to the top. They had a storm the last day going up, very windy and cold, some stopped within a few 100 feet of reaching the marker.

Visit your doctor, making sure you do not have heart issues, because as you walk up the mountain, the thin air makes a difference. My Dr had packed oxygen, just in case he needed it, and he used it. We are at 5,300 feet and the hill to the east that goes to 13,000 plus, this was a plus in his trail hiking.

Last edited by Bwana338; 12/17/18.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959