I didn't see the movie but the ammo they showed is meaningless. There is no way they'll have an actor put live ammo in a gun on the set and whatever he appears to pull out may not have fit. Steve McQueen's mare leg in whatever his TV show was in the 50's was a 44-40. They pretended it was a 45-70. As short as that rifle was it wouldn't have held but two 45-70's. He used to appear to blast away five or six times without reloading. There is no way it would have even held that many rounds of 44-40.
I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I worked in the Hollywood movie industry occasionally during the 1990's and early 2000's. Movies, etc., are all one big illusion with just enough reality to make it believable. The adage, "The best lie contains an element of truth" applies here.
Sorry for the digression. Some of the people I hunted with when I was a teenager talked about making a silencer on a 22 rimfire by putting a big wad of tape with a hole through it and taking taking deer out season. They said you couldn't hear the shot 50 feet away. They hunted at night with flashlights. Any kind of silencer was illegal at that time in Florida and of course they were breaking hunting laws too. We hunted with them during deer season but didn't participate in their other illegal activities. They were poor and needed the meat.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]