The general consensus, of myself and those who got a knife from the first run, is that M4 at 63.5 Rc takes and holds a great edge.
Since I started with 3/16" stock, those blades tended to be around .160" thick or more.
This seems a little thick for day to day field work on animals, etc and thinner would make better for slicing and cutting blades.

I contacted Niagara Specialty Metals and they have some .140"-.156" thick M4 in a 24"x36" sheet they are holding for me
to decide if I am going that route.

I would be focusing on various patterns I already make with blades in the 3" to 4" range and .125" thick.
I also will be open to special requests and make a knife to your pattern/request..

Several have asked to be on the next M4 list (if it happens) and I will finalize with them as time is appropriate.
I will try to use all the steel I get in one or two heat treats, so some up front planning/commitment is necessary.

Let me know if interested in being part of this run.
I would prefer to be contacted here and will not be advertising on any other web site at this time.
Thanks
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".