OK, I am ordering steel today. Crucible CPM REX M4.
I will get enough to have some patterns cut by water jet -- and have some to hand cut out special customs.

I will get a pic of the WJ patterns sometime in the future and maybe Sam can help me with a post of it here.

I have gotten some leads and suggestions on M4 HT, but I think I will stay with Bos HT and 63.5 Rc.
They do a great job (tight QC) and I have been happy with the first blades at that hardness.

I grind blades in batches for HT cost purposes, so if there are special pattern requests I would like them timely.

Most of the blades will be from .125" thick blanks, but I will do a couple smaller blades and maybe the big skinner at approx .105"-.110" thick blanks.

It will be at least a few months before any knives will be finished from this batch.

Good steel, good heat treat, good grind hand work and we should have some great knives.

Thanks
Tim
PS: phone just rang and steel is being shipped today.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".