Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by jimmyp
How do you like the delta point pro compared to the viper? .

I've never used a Vortex dot, but based on what I've seen with their AR dot optics it's probably trash. I wouldn't even bother mounting one on a slide.

I don't think the bottom mounted battery is that big of a deal. Just break the Loctite, switch the battery, then rotate your carry ammo when you verify zero.

Thanks for the tips on presentation Blue.

I've got my Vortex Viper mounted on a Ruger mkiii, so low recoil and no slide movement. That's about where I think it would be good for. The glass is clear and the dot is sharp, I just wouldn't have as much faith in it on a slide with some recoil. I know several folks who use one in this application and have had no problems (yet).

But, I prefer the Leupold and have more faith in it's ruggedness and reliability. And, it's worked flawlessly on my Carry Optics rig.

Interestingly enough, the USPSA equipment survey from the nationals just came out. For optics manufacturers in the Carry Optic division, it went like this:

Leupold = 36%
Sig = 29%
Vortex = 16%
C-More = 6%
Burris = 6%
Trijicon = 5%

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan