I have been following this thread for a week now and just wanted to share my two cents. Because I have great difficulty seeing ANY iron sights, I needed something dramatic to help. I have used red dots on shotguns and illuminated reticles in rifle scopes (VXR and VX6) for years so I knew the technology was out there. I have carried Glocks daily since 1991 so when they came out with the MOS system several years ago I bought a G19 and a Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 dot.

After a very short learning curve I am able to consistently make hits with my handgun that I could not have dreamed of as a sharp eyed 21yo deputy or at any other time in my 24yr career. Now 10yrs into a second career that also requires I be armed all the time (concealed, appendix IWB) the DP Pro is the only thing that makes it possible.

Battery life on the Leupold Delta Point Pro with about 12hrs a day on the body carry is approximately 4 months. Since the Pro battery compartment is on top it takes about 20 seconds to make the switch. The "instant on" feature is just that, if the gun vibrates or is touched it turns on long before I am able to pick it up. I leave the dot on HIGH and it is clearly visible in bright conditions and is not overpowering in the dark. Living in Montana it can get a little warm in the summer and a little chilly in the winter. While I have seen the lens fog a few times it was usually when I was blowing dust/lint off the glass and not during normal activity. Still totally usable and cleared within moments.

I have also mounted one on the shorty AR that lives in a bag that I carry daily, it sits next to my desk in the day and my bed at night. Once again the ability to make consistent fast hits at range is simply outstanding. The battery life on the AR unit is about 1 year since it is only on during transit to and from work. It sleeps while I am at my office and when its home.

There are no irons on the AR and my Glock factory sights do not cowitness because at arms length I can't see them anyway. I am quite in tune with my guns and am well aware of their condition and readiness. I have practiced shooting both guns with the sights turned off and can still get hits at gunfight distances if god forbid that were necessary.

There is no doubt in my mind that in 10 years these will be mounted on every LEO gun in the country. The departments will not be able to ignore the dramatic increase in qual scores and eventually hits in shootings by average low skilled officers.

I have had NO issues with mine but if I was going to do it again I would probably buy one of the dedicated slides milled for my exact sight or spend the $135 to have it done to an existing gun. It just mounts the sight a little lower allowing for cowitness of iron sights and a little more stably than with the current adapter plate system.

Additionally I would ONLY consider the Trijicon RMR or the Leupold Delta Point Pro for a personal defense/carry gun. To many issues with operation and function to rely on anything else at this point.

So take the info for what its worth, I carry these guns everyday in real world conditions and they work wonderfully for me. JCS

[Linked Image]

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"