I haven't had it very long. I've only shot 2 deer with it, both using Sierra 125gr Pro Hunters. I've also shot 110gr Hornady varmint SPs, Midway 125gr polytips, Nosler 125gr BTs and Speer 130gr HPs. I have some Speer 125gr TNTs waiting in the wings.

My barrel is a 18" with mid gas and a 12" twist. I wanted a 14" twist, but that wasn't available. I wanted to use WC820 to power it, but WC820 doesn't work with mid gas. I should have got carbine gas. I opened up the port from .094" to, I believe, .105" or .110" with no joy for 820. (Dang, I thought I kept notes.) Now I use 1680 and it works perfect.

The 110s shoot extremely well, I just haven't build up the nerve to shoot a deer with a 110. They hit 2,600fps with ease. (chronographed, not guessed.)

The 125s easily get 2,500fps, except for the Nosler BT. The Nosler's boattail takes up powder space & I can't get any more powder in it without using fire formed cases or a drop tube, etc. I could probably fit another grain of powder in with the flatbase 125s & the 110. That's OK, the Nosler doesn't beat the Prohunter with any relevance until you get past 300yds.

The 130s got 2470fps, again with room to spare.

I'm using a couple Wilson Lancers but now Magpul makes 300 BO mags which would work. Mine work great. I don't need more than 2, so I'll probably never find out if the 300BO mags really work or not.

I like it a lot. Bullets are cheap, cases are free, recoil is light. You can watch bullet strikes through the scope. It's a 30/30 in an AR that is about point blank out to 300. The 125 PH friggin' smoked the deer I shot.

Politics is War by Other Means