I’d bet those velocities for most Grendel factory stuff are out of 20-24” barrels. Wilson’s stuff is generally 16-18”, and stated so, when it comes to his stuff. I’m tempted to try the HAMR, just because. I don’t know that it’ll impress me more than my 6.8 stuff, but I don’t have time these days to load for my semis.....just certain of my oddball stuff. It’s a time vs benefit analysis. I like to roll my own, but I love to shoot and hunt. Reading the tea leaves, factory offerings in the HAMR seem on an uptic and are fairly reasonable. Factory Grendel offerings have surpassed the 6.8 in price and a good choice of hunting loads. Back when I used a Grendel some, I wasn’t gonna load for it, and 6.8 factory loads were better in regards to bullet/velocity combos, and just (anecdotally) seemed to kill quicker for me. The best 6.8 loads have been fubar’d since Nosler bought SSA. I don’t need my semis to be 350+ yard lasers. I need 0-200 emphasis, and 200-300ish capability in a pinch. The Grendel would tempt me to stretch that, just because of bullets, but the HAMR might be more useful for my purposes and shorter hunting barrels, and the BLK won’t cut it much past 100, IMO. I just have reservations about it’s longevity and availability at this point, after their 7.62x40. Down the road, if I get the time and $ to load for my ARs, then it won’t matter as much.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 12/09/19.