To All.

My humble opinion is that the SPEER & NOSLER are both acceptable in the 286 grain loads. - IF it was me, I would try BOTH & pick the brand that seems to work best in a particular rifle.
(IF I'm going to buy factory ammo, rather than reload my own, I buy the 285 grain PRVI PARTIZAN, as MY rifle shoots that load quite well & that brand is about HALF the price of other available factory ammo. - A 285 grain, .366 caliber JSP or SOLID, moving at 2263FPS will efficiently kill any living animal on Earth, given a decent "hit".)

In my treasured Remington Model 760, that Jessie at JES reformatted, BOTH seem to shoot/perform well & about the same.
(Truthfully, I shoot more of my about 290 grain homemade GCCB at about 2100FPS than either factory bullet. = That GCCB works FINE on our often HUGE/TOUGH Russian-feral cross boars, in the South TX brush country.)

Note: I was out hunting hogs on Jack & Dannita W___________'s land about 1400 hours on Christmas Eve. - I met one of their ranchhands, who said, "You may want to ease down into that little gulley up ahead. I saw a HUGE hog near there about 15 minutes ago." - I asked him, "How big??" He said, "Oh, I'd guess about the size of an average-sized Buick."
(Unfortunately, I never saw the big hog but I surely heard him leaving the area for the REALLY thick stuff. = !@#$%! )

yours, tex

Last edited by DarlaG; 01/12/19. Reason: addenda/spelling error