I talked to the guy at the Montana Rifle Company booth today at the Dallas Safari Convention. He confirmed that their company was under new ownership. Their goal was to make the rifle better than it had been but certainly not detract from it. I voiced the concern about questionable customer service in the past. He said they were aware of the problems in that area by the previous owner and had terminated the problems.

My impression is that they are going to try to keep a quality product and take care of the people that purchase from them. The rifles that were on display were well finished and handled nicely. About what I had expected from having previously owned one of their rifles. He did not go into their manufacturing experience or firearm knowledge and I did not ask.

One concern was when he asked me which model of their rifle I had owned, I told him it was the predecessor to the X2. The model was xss or something like that. He did not know enough about the history of the rifle to know what model I was mentioning.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.