Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Sometimes the hardest part of the hunt is getting the tag. Where we hunt, bull tags are about a 1 in 6 or 7 chance. With cow tags, we've only missed once in 5 years. I'd rather hunt as often as possible rather than hold out for that bull tag. Besides, antlers taste terrible.

I agree. Having said that, I’ve only drawn one tag in 30 year of hunting Idaho. The bull in the photo above was OTC tag fwtw.

Wageslave pegged it correctly with me. I’m just willing to go to lengths most guys aren’t to kill a bull. That’s been the “secret” to my success for my entire life. If I was a better hunter and could tag them more easily, I damn sure would. Thankfully for me, my boy seems up to the task as well so we’ve shared some sucess as a result.

I know it sounds crazy, but the shared misery of packing a bull like that 5 miles on your back is a bonding experience unlike very few occurrences in a man’s life. My time at boot camp at Fort Leonard Wood comes to mind in terms of a similar experience honestly.

Last edited by iddave; 01/19/19.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.