Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Looking at .30 Remington AR. What's wrong with it?

Don't be in a hurry,to make a bad decision.

What is the application?

Start with Reality and work from there.

Hint................

Definitely do not want to make a regrettable mistake and I appreciate any responses giving me something to consider.

I do have a couple of 6.5 Grendel barrels on hand, but I'm just not looking to own two more Grendels. As mentioned earlier, my pair of hunting ARs are a 5.56 and 6.5G and I'm thinking I may make up another like pair and use my night vision & thermal on the two 5.56s and conventional optics on the pair of Grendels for daylight use. I don't need two of each but it would be nice to be able to outfit a companion on a hog hunt. Hogs would be the application in any case.

The more I look around the more I am seeing stuff I've never heard of, some of it pretty impressive. The .30 AR looks pretty good on paper, but brass may get pretty rare. It's available, but I have no idea how long that will be the case. I don't mind doing a little bit of work to convert brass but I want to avoid things that could become really time consuming.

I ran across the 6.5 Timberwolf, and that one looks like a Grendel killer from where I sit. Another one from the same outfit is the .30 Sabercat, and it looks pretty impressive on paper also---considering the limitations of the AR15 platform. I've found some commentary on the Timberwolf and need to read through it. I do not want to discover pitfalls that others have discovered already.

Bottom line is, I'm going to assemble a couple more ARs and I'd like to do something different...maybe something that gets more out of the platform than the 7.62x39, 5.56, 6.5G, and the 6.8 SPC. Of those, I think the 6.5 Grendel offers the most potential performance but I like to try out new stuff now and then. There's an awful lot out there these days if you get to lookin around.

Stick, weren't you fiddling with a 6mm Grendel a while back?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.