Finally, I got these two rifles completed and was able to fire my first test loads today.

My original intent was to use 95-grain Partitions and H4895. For each rifle, I loaded five rounds each from 27.0 to 28.5 grains in 0.3-grain intervals. A couple of the loads averaged a little over MOA in the two rifles. There were numerous stoppages shooting these which I believe was due to rather short OAL. I loaded these about 0.024" off the lands (unless I made an error...always a possibility, but 24 thou off was my intent). I think the best load would be plenty accurate for hog hunting, but the stoppages are unacceptable. I think the 28.5-grain loads are actually a little too hot based on the velocities I was seeing (about 2835 fps). About 28.0 grains of H4895 would be about right if I chose to continue using the Partitions, but why would I?

During the long wait for my BHW barrels, I had time enough to think about other options. I decided to give 90-grain Accubonds a try and laid in several hundred to try. I loaded 50 rounds up using H4895, five each at charges from 26.7 to 28.5 grains in 0.2-grain increments. I only fired these in one of the two rifles. Five of the loads were well under MOA and only two spread more than 1-1/4 inch---most likely operator error. My best load was the warmest, turning in about 2836 fps and almost 1/2-MOA accuracy. There were NO stoppages of any kind shooting the Accubonds.

I have plenty of H4895 on hand which was previously not dedicated to any purpose, and I have 500 more of the Accubonds on the way. I'll shoot more of this load for final zeroing AND to make sure the other rifle likes the load also.

These rifles should be HELL on pigs!

[Linked Image]

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.