Originally Posted by RiverRider
Stick, I think I'm sold on 6mm Grendel/6mm AR and now I'm looking at reloading. I noticed in one of your photos there is a Forster 6mm PPC seater. If at all possible I want to use a Forster seater. Is that the seater you're using for 6mm Grendel?

I'm thinking I'll build one on one of the new lowers and convert my 6.5G to 6G so I'll have two of them.

One more question...does that 108 ELD-M expand well on big critters? I do like heavier bullets for penetration but don't much care about the BC even though weight contributes to it, I just think of higher BC as a cherry on top. I think I'd find the 103 ELD-X to be very acceptable. I'm thinking hogs here. That's what attracts me to the AR as a hunting platform.

Can you drive a 108 fast enough,to have expansion "issues" at muzzle burn impact distances? Nope. Will you find many(any) of them? Nope.

As mentioned prior,I'd simply shoot the 105 Hornie HPBT at everything and for everything. They are rugged bastards and could give a fhuqk less,about the transition from magwell,up a feedramp and into the chamber. They fly exceptionally(.530BC),are easily sourced,are very uniform Lot to Lot and simply leave nothing to wish for.

Keep schit simple and simply shoot it a bunch.

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."