i have both a 25-45 sharps and a 458 socom. really like both.
the drawback with the 25 sharps occurs when you neck up 223/556 brass.and to a lesser degree even using head stamped sharps brass. at my age i can't see the size difference in the bullet and run the risk of getting a 25 in one of my 223's. don't know if it would really cause problems but the possibility of the bullet being forced back in the case, then firing, makes me double and triple check if i have them out at the same time.

the 458 socom i just can't get enough of. the OS of the AR platform tames the recoil (i have MS and am recoil aware but not shy)
mine loves the 300g CT silver tips and consistently shoots 1.25 inch at 100 benched. shot a whitetail last season and it fell so fast i thought i missed.

another chambering i really like and is my beside the bed rifle is in 7.62x39. just so much fun it should be a sin.

my favorite of all is my 22 mag. cuts a ragged .75 inch at 100 off the bench. just flat out makes me grin every time i shoot it.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~