My go to gun started like as a youth model 870. I removed the wood furniture for a synthetic forearm and Knoxx adjustable butt stock. Had the receiver drilled and tapped for a weaver base then topped with a Burris FFII and custom guard. Polished the barrel and choked it with a Remington Super Full. Hand painted it myself with rattle cans. I have since changed the sling in the pics to a woven paracord. I shoot 1 5/8oz of TSS #9.5s that I hand rolled. I killed my slam with this rig.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I plan on carrying the 28ga more this year if I can get all my reloading stuff set back up from a recent move and loading again. I've killed a Rio with it and would like to try and complete most of my slam this year with it.

Only pic I can find:

[Linked Image]

Started like with wood furniture. I found that the frame on the 28 is the same as the 20s, so I bought a SureShot kit on sale from MidWay for $49 and went with a saddle mount to attach the red dot. It's fixed improved choke, but patterns great to about 35 yards. I really don't want to modify the original gun if I can keep from it since it was so dang hard to find. The kids might enjoy wing shooting with it one day. It will go back to it's original form when I'm done with the slam.

NRA Life Member