Replied earlier that I would be carrying as #1 my BPS 10 gauge. Today I was out shooting some Ithaca Model 66 .410 at the anticipated range of 25 yds with Fiochi #8 as a sight check for Federal TSS #9 my wife will be using along with some 20 ga Mossberg 500 Yout model using 2 3/4" low brass 1 oz #6 and #7 1/2. Also sent one round of 20 ga Rem 3" 1 1/4 oz copper plated #6 down range. These at 25 and 30 yards. All would kill a turkey at the max tested range of 30 yds. Then I decided to make sure my 10 gauge BPS was still on with the Williams rib mounted open sights. At 50 yards with a Browning X-full extended choke using a turkey neck target the #4 Remington were iffy. I then tried a shot with Federal 2 1/4oz (pre FliteControl) #6 copper plated. Dead turkey. And dead shoulder. That second 3 1/2" 2 1/4 oz load literally struck a nerve with me. Decided I'm not really that displeased with any gobbler on earth so as to voluntarily shoot him with a load developing elephant rifle recoil numbers.

Weapon plans have changed. Now it's an old A5 Browning 12 ga 2 3/4" with 30" full choke barrel I'll be carrying on day one. Load will be either Winchester 1 1/2 oz 2 3/4 inch #6 or Federal FliteControl 1 1/2 oz #4. Next year I plan on going with a gas operated 12 gauge 3" or 3 1/2".

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."