Originally Posted by JamesJr
I've been shooting an 870 Youth model for the past few years. It's set up with a Weaver shotgun scope in a saddle mount, and a Carlson .568 Longbeard choke. I'm shooting Longbeard 5's. It's been a good shooting little rig. I checked the zero the other day, and fired the usual nice tight pattern. Shot again a second time just to make sure, and the pattern was almost a foot to the right. Shot again, same thing. Adjusted the scope, shot again, and no change. Long story short.......I've checked the mount and the scope, everything is tight, crosshairs moving when I adjust them, have shot again, and pattern is still to the right, no matter how much I adjust the scope. Never had anything like it.

I'll probably fall back on "Old Faithful", my original turkey gun.....a Winchester 1300 12 gauge Turkey model. It'll pattern 3 inch Winchester 5's better than anything I've ever shot. I just like carrying the 20's, but to be honest, the 1300 is a better turkey killer.

That's not unusual. A red dot mounted directly to the barrel and not removing the barrel after sighting in is one solution.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s