Originally Posted by CWT
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by CWT
Old Benelli M1 super 90 ( H&K ) 24 " barrel, Williams Fire Sight, special made Pure Gold .655 choke and old Hevi Shot ( White shells ) #6 shot. Bought a case of those years ago and should last me most of my life

I have the same exact gun

Sort of a funny story, at least to me. I bought that gun years ago from Duncan Gun Shop in N.Wilkesboro. I had bought several guns from Mark in the past I went up there to buy an 1187. I walked in and said I want a 12 gauge 1187 with a 26 inch barrel. The guy that helped me ( can't remember his name ) was very knowledgeable and he said " no you don't ". I said yes I do. He said no you don't, this is what you want and brought out the black gun. I had never seen a Benelli or even heard of one as I think H&K had not been importing them long. He started cycling shells, reloading and doing all kinds of stuff really fast. He must have been some sort of competition speed shooter or something. I said that's all great but I want a wood stocked gun not a plastic one. He said no you don't. You want this gun. He grabbed an 1187 and took it, me the Benelli and a box of shells out back. He did more speed loading and shooting ( impressive actually ) and I shot a few times and we came back inside. I said you sold me I'll take it in a 26 inch barrel. He said you don't want that you want a 24" barrell. After some more back and forth I ended up with what he wanted me to have and I'm glad I listened.

Very familiar with the store I have $pent some money there in the past as well as E&D's