Originally Posted by Beaver10
Sorry about your neck injury. Any Injury or illness that prevented me from hunting would absolutely leave me broken inside...

I try and stay in shape,,, my type of work helps, but age has forced a little extra effort through out the year, lifting weights and walking/hiking to slow the clock on me so I can still get it done.

Soreness lingers a lot longer than it used to when I was in my 30’s. Now, I just use my aches and pains as an excuse to get my Hottie Wife to provide rehabilitation care on me...It’s a win...Grin.

Bullets, rifles, and scopes...In 40 years, I’ve had good to great in all categories for accomplishing the goal of bringing home meat. Time has changed a lot, but aside from the hardware, optics and bullets...

I’m happiest about the improvements made over these long years in hunting clothes. Lighter, dryer, warmer, cooler with comfort and flexibility compared to the days of cotton, more cotton and wool. Bring on the worst weather Mother Nature can think of and I’m gonna be GTG, aside from a tree failing on me...That would suck the big one 😎

Most excellent points Beav. At 61 I still hope I have 40 or so years left to elk hunt. Ha. Recovery/soreness is a big thing for me....no way I bounce back after a hard workout like I did when I was 25-30. You just have to find a way to deal with it. Slower metabolism combined with those damned thyroid meds make it difficult to keep the weight down but you just keep chopping wood. Wifey and I hit the gym 4x per week all year long .

Watch out for those falling trees...they can hurt. Not as bad as being struck by lightning though...ask me how I know....hint.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.