I’ve built many 10/22’s. All shoot great. The last one I built topped them all. I found a real old rifle from ‘ 69 and grabbed it. Back then they had blue anodized receivers. It’s beautiful. Straight away I called Randy at CPC. He said on the phone that old guns will shoot. I sent the barrel and bolt to him and started on my part. I pillar bedded a deluxe stock for it and fixed the trigger with a Power Custom three piece trigger set with adjustable seer. Added Kidd buffer and pin/screw set. Meanwhile, Randy set the chamber correctly and tuned the bolt. He also threaded muzzle for suppressor and made a protector for the threads that matched the barrel. He did that without affecting the front sight. The rear sight on this old gun was a Lyman, so that wasn’t touched. He told me on the phone after he completed it that I definitely had a shooter. That guy knows his stuff. I reassembled it and went to the range. It shot like a dream on Wolf MT and Green Tag. Later, I got my Sparrow suppressor, installed it and got a pleasant surprise. It shot better and liked most ammo. Now it shoots Auto Match as well as premium ammo.

So, my advice is to buy an old gun and meet Randy.

Cast

I have a short attention spa