There is no doubt that BS knows quite a bit about rifle mechanics, ballistics and aspects of ballistic behavior and cartridge performance. I would concede that he is well versed in these areas. From a practical field hunting standpoint most of his discussion and opinion means a great deal less. His opinions always center around "shooting" and not "hunting" per say. For some hitting targets or perhaps game animals at 600-800 yards he may have some sound advice. For others who readily kill game inside 300-400 yards his advice is less needed. Everyone has individual preferences, his work on .224, .243 and .284 centerfire cartridges has merit, but he gives no accommodation to others who use the same bore size without his preferential cartridges. In the hunting field all the fast twist and G1 aspects become somewhat less important. Individual merit in the field along with markmanship become much more important. If using a 243 Win (1-10" twist) in lieu of 6mm Creedmoor (1-7.5" twist) makes you a dumbass in BS opinion, than his opinion doesn't mean much. Are there merits in going to a 6mm Creedmoor per BS recommendations, perhaps, but not in most instances in the game field at 300 yards. BS must realize to each his own, providing guidance is key to the forum, providing responses with insults because someone doesn't particularly abide by his recommendations is ineffective and leads to personal attacks by him and against him, which devolves the forum into a place you no longer wish to participate in. I for one would like to keep him on the forum because he does have significant knowledge in the realm of recent cartridge development and reloading, I wish he could keep his head and convince folks to try things his way in lieu of debasing them for having a difference of opinion. I will admit my interest in the 22 Creedmoor and building a 6mm Creedmoor are due to some of BS recommendations. Keep BS around, but lets keep it civil and respectful, if possible. I realize I have few posts to his 40K plus, but shared communication is the reason for a forum to exist in the first place.

Last edited by Rossimp; 02/09/19.