Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by kingston
The Ckye Pod really has no equal, not in a single bipod. The ability to vary stance width tops my list of features separating the Ckye Pod from the competition.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/30/mdt-acquires-ckye-pod/

Do you have one? or just going off the report?

I have a Spartan 300 bipod, I feel it has no equal; 5.6 oz. very sturdy, clever attachment adapters...

Spartan 300 bipod

(I sent the following in PM to Dennis last week.)

I don’t have a Cyke Pod, but I spent considerable time fondling them at SHOT. I hadn’t yet seen one in person when I stumbled on it at MDT’s booth in the LE and Mil section on day 1. I was so impressed took a few pictures, but didn’t write down what I was looking at. That evening, back at my room, I spent an hour scouring the web, trying to figure out what I’d seen. It’s really well designed. The wide stance is a very attractive feature, that and the 170° of cant.

Then on day 3, I stumbled on MDT’s booth on the main floor. They had one sitting on the counter. We discussed the design, availability and price.

The week after shot it was announced that MDT bought Cyke. The price should come down considerably and availability should improve.

I also spent some time with Warne’s new bipod. It’s a well designed unit, but has swivel and cant. I don’t do swivel. It interferes with getting the rifle to recoil straight back, complicating getting back on target.

I also looked at Magpul’s new bipod. It’s a bargain, but narrow.

I currently shoot numerous modified and stock Harris bipods and the Evolution CF bipod. In the past year, I’ve done a pretty comprehensive survey of most of the new stuff coming to market including the Hatch bipod which was flimsy.

I’ve fully expected to transition to the Atlas Gen. 2 CAL, if they’d ever become available. The Cyke Pod changed that.

I see you’re shooting the Spartan 300 Javelin. I looked at it hard last summer, but resisted it due to the proprietary connection and the swivel/rotate function. It look’s like it could be an excellent hunting bipod.

For hunting, I generally either shoot off a little tripod with a padded saddle or off a pack. You’ll see the Eolution Bipod in the second pic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty