Harris bipods have always been around my rifles as long as I can remember. They’re functional, adaptive to many hunting situations, come in various heights and are easy to locate in most sporting goods stores. Price is where I would expect to pay for this type of collapsible unit.

I did buy a Javelin bipod rebranded by Leupold after this past season. It’s proprietary adapter isn’t that big of an issue should a hunter/shooter decides it’s a good way to fly. You can purchase additional stock adapters, or remove the one you have and screw it onto the fore end of another rifle.

It’s got some precious earth magnet disk that holds the legs inside the adapter housing. It’s a strong enough hold that allows for front loading your rifle. Removing the legs is done with a hard pull. Legs are lightweight carbon fiber that allow for height adjustments on each leg independent of the other for uneven ground.

It’s a small and light, with a carry footprint that easily tucks inside a pack or can be put inside an outer side pack pocket then strapped across to secure while hiking in to an area.

Down side; currently if your buy this unit from Leupold you can’t purchase the longer legs offered through Javelin. You would need to contact Javelin direct to purchase taller legs. Legs purchased from Javelin will fit the Leupold branded bipod.

I am not endorsing the Javelins at this time, since I have only used them while target shooting and haven’t had the chase to expose them to hard hunting conditions.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”