Bipod vids

Here’s a link to some great videos on bipods. SHLowlight is a wealth of information on PRS/long range shooting stuff and has great instructional videos.

I’m not a huge fan of bipods for wilderness or Western big game hunting, mainly because its more weight to pack around, and for my style of hunting (not long range) a pack, prone, or sitting is how I prefer to shoot given enough time. I own a couple Harris bipods and an Atlas. I think they are great when you need them if you’re willing to pack them. I think they are handy on varmints and handy for shooting paper when you don’t have a bench but want to be more accurate.

I also have/use a tripod and Hog Saddle on a ball head, or a RRS plate with a ball head. I think that setup is even better than a bipod in certain circumstances, but its even more bulky and heavy.

(edited to add: It just dawned on me that my comments about not being a long range hunter are ironic considering I'm posting in said forum. Per usual, my advice is worth what you pay for it!)

Last edited by Copenhagen; 02/28/19.

Cope