I had ketamine one time during a spinal steroid injection. I didn't like it at all. I had a psychedelic out of body type of experience and felt completely out of control. It scared me worse than almost anything ever has, I thought I had died. I had a few crazy scary dreams in the weeks and months after as well. They wanted to give it too me last year while removing a heel spur and reattaching my Achilles. I said no thanks and I think they used propofol and fentanyl instead.

That was ok, I just slept during the 2 hour surgery. Then they sent me home with 20 pain pills and said don't ask for any more. The first month plus was extremely miserable and it hurt bad for 6 months. I have to have the other leg done soon and I'm thinking about using a different surgeon. The guy who did my first one is fine but didn't take my pain serious at all. Did the surgery in his own surgical center which was just a room at his office. Then sent me home 30 min after I woke up. 2 days later I told him how bad it hurt and he said most people don't complain of pain and that I need to toughen up. 6 months later he told me the procedures he did on me were the most painful ones he does and they always hurt for at least 6 months.

The other surgeon said he would have done a nerve block and kept me 3 days in the hospital to make sure my pain was under control. He could believe I went through the last one with 20 pills. They cut my calf in 3 places and lengthened it. Spasms made you want to die. I would have taken ketamine over those. Having your Achilles cut off and screwed back on during a major psoriatic arthritis flare hurts.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/21/19.